- This event has passed.
St. Augustine Lighthouse + Farm Share Food Distribution Event
August 4 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Saint Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum, a nonprofit organization, is proud to partner with Farm Share and we are excited to announce that on August 4th, we are hosting an event for St Johns County Residents that will provide food to individuals and families in need.
- St Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum, is an agency event partner with Farm Share* and we will be distributing 42,000 lbs. of food to individuals and families in St. Augustine.
- Drive-thru food distribution will occur in the parking lot of the Ponce de Leon Mall in front of Belk Department Store, St. Augustine and will be from 9:00 am to noon, Tuesday August 4th.
- To maintain CDC guidelines the distribution will be drive-thru only.
- All vehicles will enter the Belk parking lot on US 1, St Augustine and will be directed to the distribution, where the organizations’ staff and volunteers will place the food in recipient’s trunk.
- The distribution of food is on a first-come, first-served basis to include produce, non- perishable foods, dairy and other items. In addition, the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum will be donating and distributing 600 new school backpacks with supplies for local children.
- To adhere to the COVID-19 CDC guidelines for health and safety, all volunteers will wear gloves and masks, and the attendee must remain in their vehicle and open their trunk when it is their turn in line to receive items.
“The need in our community continues to grow, and has been made worse by the pandemic, loss of jobs, and loss of income. As a non-profit organization, we are honored to give back to those in our local community who are in need.” Said Kathy Fleming, Executive Director, St Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum.
In collaboration with others and through generous in-kind contributions from businesses in our local community, the St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum and our partners are able to provide this much need help and support to others.
DATE: AUGUST 4, 2020
LOCATION: ST. AUGUSTINE, PONCE DE LEON MALL, BELK DEPT. STORE PARKING LOT
TIME: 9AM – NOON
*Special thanks to Farm Share, who makes this food distribution possible. Established in 1991, Farm Share is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization works daily to make sure that food-insecure Floridians receive the food and support they need. Last year, Farm Share distributed more than 88 million pounds of food to more than 17.5 million households residing in all of Florida’s 67 counties. Of the 88 million pounds of food distributed, more than 20 million pounds were fresh healthy fruits and vegetables.
Featured image via the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Maritime Museum