On this page you'll find a calendar of upcoming local events created by our friends over at St. Augustine Social. Click on a specific event to learn more. Our event calendar goes out three months. If you're planning a stay further in advance, please check back as your stay nears to see more events.
- This event has passed.
We Feed St Augustine
November 21, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
We Feed St. Augustine is a from local to local hot meals and food program to help families and individuals of the community who have been impacted financially by COVID-19. Local businesses have joined together and will be providing hot to-go meals and fresh produce to the public on Saturday, November 21 from 10am-1pm at the St Johns Fair Grounds.
All people are welcome, no questions asked. Social distancing guidelines and all volunteers will be wearing masks and masks are required to be worn for pickup.
There will be a giveaway of a brand new flat screen TV (donated by a generous member of the community who wishes to remain anonymous) that will be given away to the 100th person.
In spirit of the upcoming holiday, FREE TURKEYS will also be given away.
Participating Restaurants & Businesses: Caps on the Water, Michaels of St. Augustine, Amici’s Italian Restaurant, Bantom Chef, Woodpeckers BBQ, Jimmy Jam Foundation, The Garden, The Artisan Board, Odd Birds Restaurants, Heart and Soul Food Restaurant LLC, La Cocina International Restaurant, Yamo Food Truck, Sonny’s Restaurants, Clean Eats Flagler.
Volunteers Supplied By: Epic Cure, Inc
INFORMATION ON DONATING FOOD & GETTING INVOLVED
CONTACT: If you are a local business or community member who would like to get involved or volunteer, please contact Chef Tyrone Bennett at (386) 682-0245 or email [email protected].
DONATIONS: We will be collecting fresh food (no leftovers) and gift cards from local businesses and restaurants who would like to participate. No monetary donations will be accepted.
Prep and food drop off time:
Grace United Methodist Church
8 Carrera, St Augustine FL
Expectations of Chefs & Restaurants donating food for WE FEED ST AUGUSTINE:
- All meats needs to be cooked to 165 degrees and vegetables al dente.
- All food must me cooked and packaged in 1/2 hotel pans for feeding of 4 people.
- There should not be cross contamination of products and safe handling should be followed at all times
- We are asking that all restaurants provide at least 20 1/2 pans of food as part of their donations.
- All food should be dropped off at Grace United Methodist Church on Friday 11/20/2020 from 3p-8pm to the rear of the kitchen.
- Please label and date all pans and side items.
- We will supply the vegetables for all restaurants that are donating by notifying us by 11/1/2020 if we don’t hear from you, we will assume that you supply them yourselves
- We understand that thing happen in this industry but if you give your word please try honor that in our mission in helping the families in need
- All food we will be donating to families in need
- We will not ask, question or judge anyone that is requesting a meal
- We have used local non profit agencies that work with needy families to identify individuals in need
- Our mission is simple for 11/21/20 give preprepared hot foods, Turkey and fresh groceries to families in need
Menu Item Choices:
- Holiday Roasted Chicken
- Orange Glazed Yams
- Green Beans
- Butternut Squash and Candy Bacon Hash
- Pulled Pork
- Potato Salad
- Southern Cabbage Medley (shred carrots, cabbage and chopped bacon)
- Sweet Dinner Rolls