On this page you'll find a calendar of upcoming local events created by our friends over at St. Augustine Social. Click on a specific event to learn more. Our event calendar goes out three months. If you're planning a stay further in advance, please check back as your stay nears to see more events.
- This event has passed.
City Hall Selfie Day
August 14, 2020Free
The City of St. Augustine, in cooperation with the Florida League of Cities and Engaging Local Government Leaders Network, is participating in City Hall Selfie Day on Friday, August 14, 2020. The day is intended to serve as an opportunity for residents to get involved with their local government and have some fun by posting a selfie in front of a municipal building, using the hashtag #CityStAugSelfie, and tagging @CityStAug on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
“This year’s City Hall Selfie Day will look a little different than past years due to COVID-19, but that won’t stop us from having fun with it,” said Melissa Wissel, Communications Manager. “In the past, we have focused on selfies of city staff and departments, so this year we are expanding it to encourage residents and visitors to participate. Anyone is invited to take a selfie in front of any of our buildings, or even next to a City vehicle. Of course, masks should be worn when you can’t social distance.”
The City Hall Selfie Day initiative was created to boost civic pride in municipal services and leadership. Anyone can participate, with family members, pets, or friends. Some people have been known to wear silly hats or matching clothes.
City facilities include:
- City Hall (75 King Street)
- Financial Services Center (50 Bridge Street)
- Fire Station (101 Malaga Street)
- Middleton Archaeology Center (30 Pellicer Lane)
- Police Station (151 King Street)
- St. Augustine Municipal Marina (111 Avenida Menendez)
- Visitors Information Center (10 San Marco Ave)
- Water Treatment Plant (254 W King Street)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant / Solid Waste Division (501 Riberia Street)